The bottle IS the message
We were overjoyed to hear of the launch of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Bronze (now Silver Certified :) plastic Dopper range, this gave us the opportunity to support our new partners in their endeavour to reduce single use plastics and clean up our precious oceans... oh yes AND support their Dopper Foundation for clean drinking & sanitation water in rural Nepal, AMAZING WORK!
Dopper's mission is to achieve a world in which people are conscious of the environment we live in, where the amount of single-use plastic is reduced and where everyone, near and far, has access to safe drinking water.
Dopper aims to achieve this through the following three pillars of thought:
1. creating awareness regarding the impact of single-use plastic waste and inspiring people to initiate a change.
2. offering an innovative product line of sustainable design bottles for drinking water.
3. increasing access to safe drinking water for people around the world.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
Our biggest motivation is the massive amount of plastic waste that is currently produced:
- Worldwide, only 1% of plastic is recycled.
- 50% of plastic is thrown away directly after use.
- Each day, freight-loads of plastic reach our oceans -often unintentionally- via streets, canals, rivers and seas.
- The five largest ocean areas where this plastic waste converges, can contain up to 36 times more plastic than plankton.
- The plastic enters our food chain in small particles via marine life and birds.
- Annually, the plastic in the oceans causes the death of 1 million seabirds and 100.000 marine mammals.
- And last but not least: it requires 1 litre of water and 1 litre of oil to produce a single plastic bottle.
Dopper is a social enterprise. Our goal is not to make a profit – we want to make a positive impact for a better world. Therefore, we look at the impact that our product has and use the Cradle to Cradle® concept. We maximise recycling and minimise destruction. Here's how: